Event WebsiteRegister for Meditation Retreat
Contact OrganizerEmail Organizer
One Day Meditation Retreat
This retreat is limited and requires registration and fees. The registration form will be available soon.
Washington DC full-day retreat
Washington DC half-day session
Please register early since these retreats tend to fill up fast.
Early registration fee until May 30th:
Full day: $100 Half day: $60
Standard registration fee after May 30th:
Full day: $120 Half day: $75
Amma has graciously offered to continue having One Day Retreats as part of the 2016 Tour. They are being offered so that more people can take advantage of this precious time with Amma in a retreat setting without disrupting their busy schedules. The retreats will provide an invaluable opportunity for devotees to deepen their meditation practice and to listen to the inspirational wisdom of Amma’s divine discourses.
We cordially invite you to join Her Holiness for a one day silent meditation retreat in Washington. All meditators, from beginners to those with an established practice, will benefit from the special retreat atmosphere. Participants will be spiritually nourished by Amma’s serene presence, silent meditations, discourses and spiritual chanting.
Please register early since these retreats tend to fill up fast. A light vegetarian lunch and snacks will be provided as part of the registration fee.
- Amma has specially designed her one-day meditation retreats so that all who attend will derive the most benefit. For this purpose, participants are requested to maintain silence throughout the retreat.
- Attendees are also requested to wear modest, white attire to the retreat.
- Full-day or half-day registration is available.
- The morning session concludes after lunch. The afternoon session begins with lunch.
- Light breakfast, lunch and snacks are provided for half-day and full-day attendees.
- Accommodations are not included for one-day retreats.
- Children under 17 years of age need special permission to attend the retreat.
- Amma does not grant personal interviews during meditation retreats.
We will acknowledge all completed registration forms once we receive them, and send a confirmation letter with more information, including guidelines on what to wear and bring to the retreat.
Location & Transportation
The Hindu Temple of Metropolitan Washington
10001 Riggs Rd.
Adelphi, MD 20783
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (Metro)
A recommended hotel for devotees who will be attending the programs is the Sheraton College Park North Hotel.
Sheraton College Park North Hotel
4095 Powder Mill Road,
Beltsville, MD 20705
|Holiday Inn||7200 Hanover Drive||Greenbelt, MD||(301) 982-7000|
|Marriott Hotels & Resorts||6400 Ivy Lane||Greenbelt, MD||(301) 441-3700|
|Best Western Inn||5910 Princess Garden Pkwy||Lanham Seabrook, MD||(301) 459-1000|
|New Carrollton Hotel||8500 Annapolis Road||New Carrollton, MD||(301) 459-6700|
|Red Roof Inn||9050 Lanham Severn Road||Lanham, MD||(301) 731-8830|
|Days Inn Lanham||9023 Annapolis Road||Lanham, MD||(301) 459-6600|
|Holiday Inn/College Park||10000 Baltimore Avenue||College Park, MD||(301) 345-6700|
|Hilton Garden Inn||7810 Walker Drive||Greenbelt, MD||(301) 474-7400|
Questions About The Event?
Please Contact Event Organizer at: WashingtonDC@Karunamayi.org